Chicken Mango Quesadillas made with honey lime chicken, homemade fresh mango salsa, pepper jack cheese, and an optional jalapeno cream cheese all melted inside a buttery tortilla. A popular Mexican dinner made in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 35 mins
- Servings: 6
Honey Lime Chicken:
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast cut into bite size pieces
- Oil or Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Mangoes diced
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno diced
- 2-3 cups Pepper Jack Cheese Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend Cheese
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- Butter for pan
Jalapeno Cream Cheese:
- 4- ounce Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 Jalapeno finely diced
- In a large skillet, saute chicken until cooked through and lightly golden brown — about 5-6 minutes. Add honey, lime juice and salt and pepper and coat. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- To make salsa — add all ingredients in small bowl and stir together. If mangoes aren’t ripe enough, may add a drizzle of honey.
- To make optional jalapeno cream cheese — mix softened cream cheese and jalapenos in a small bowl.
- To assemble chicken mango quesadillas — spread jalapeno cream cheese over half of the tortilla. Top with honey lime chicken and pepper jack cheese.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add butter to the pan. Place tortilla on top of butter. Cook until cheese starts to melt. Watch it carefully and lower temperature if the outside is getting too done and the cheese isn’t melting yet. Open and add mango salsa. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Cut into slices and serve warm. Great for leftovers too!