Love spring and summer’s fresh strawberries? They’re even better enjoyed in this dreamy, creamy Fresh Strawberry Yum Yum! A layer of fresh berries sandwiched between two thick fluffy layers of deliciousness makes for one very tasty dessert, indeed. As an added bonus, this Southern classic is no-bake, too.
- PREP TIME: 30 M
- COOK TIME: 5 M
- TOTAL TIME: 35 M
- 2 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 12 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 5 to 6 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (3 oz.) package strawberry Jell-o
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 4 c. whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 6 T. granulated sugar
Prepare the Strawberry Filling:
- Place sliced strawberries in a saucepan and sprinkle with dry Jell-o powder; stir gently to evenly coat berries.
- Heat over medium-low heat just until Jell-o is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Prepare the Crust:
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Blend with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle on the top.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture:
- With an electric mixer, cream together softened cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream, granulated sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- By hand, mix together whipped cream and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
Assemble the Yum Yum Layers:
- Spread a little less than half the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over the crust.
- Gently spoon and spread cooled strawberry filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Top strawberry layer with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Gently spread it evenly over the strawberry layer, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the top with the 3 tablespoons reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- 2 (16 oz.) packages of strawberries will yield the about 5 to 6 cups sliced berries needed in this recipe.
- Sugar-free strawberry Jell-o works just fine, if you’d prefer.
- You can substitute 16 ounces of Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture if you’d like.
- You can easily halve this recipe and prepare it in an 8×8-inch pan.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !