Stop calling for takeout or going to the mall food court and make this HEALTHIER orange chicken at home in less than 10 minutes!! EASY, authentic, and so INCREDIBLE that you’ll never miss the fat and calories!!
- prep time 2 MINUTES
- cook time 8 MINUTES
- total time 10 MINUTES
- YIELD : 5
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large oranges, juiced; plus more orange juice if necessary
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon green onions, diced into thin rounds
- To a large bowl or ziptop plastic bag, add the chicken, cornstarch, and toss or shake the bag to coat the chicken evenly; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the oils, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and the chicken pieces but not any excess cornstarch that’s at the bottom of your bowl or bag.
- Turn the heat to medium, and cook until chicken is done and cooked through; flip chicken and stir pan sauce that’s forming nearly constantly. Tip – If at any time your sauce is tightening or thickening up too much before the chicken has cooked through, simply add additional orange juice to thin it and keep stirring.
- Evenly garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
- Extra chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !